Thứ Ba, 8 tháng 3, 2016

Small talk - 04 March 2016

Dương Văn Chín Share:
Small Talk
A: Were you invited to Mary's party this weekend?
B: Yes I was. Why do you ask?
A: I was wondering if you could give me a ride.
B: Where do you live?
A: I live one block away from the school.
B: Okay, that's not too far.
A: By what time should I be ready?
B: Well, when does the party start?
A: The invitation says at 5 p.m.
B: I'll pick you up at 4:15. Parties always start a little late.
A: Thank you. I'll buy you a coffee to make up for it.
B: That sounds great! Let's go.
......................................


Trade (continued) 

a particular job, especially one needing special skill with your hands:
 
·        Brian insisted that his sons learn a trade.
·        My grandfather was a plumber by trade (=that was his job).
 
tools of your trade (=the things that you need to do your job)
 ➔ tricks of the trade
He knows all the tricks of the trade!

trade ( v)    
trade with
-      India began trading with Europe in the 15th and 16th centuries.
 
trade in
-      The company trades in silk, tea, and other items.
-      They had to travel into town to trade the produce from their farm.
 
to exist and operate as a business:
-      The firm now trades under the name Lanski and Weber.
 
cease trading (=stop being a business because you are bankrupt)

to buy or sell something on the stock exchange:
Over a million shares were traded today.

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP