Thứ Năm, 21 tháng 1, 2016

Listening skill- lesson 14

Dương Văn Chín Share:













Click here to go to video on youtube (if you could not see video on this blog)

Nguồn video: Sưu Tầm
Tất cả nội dung, sưu tầm, links này đều phục vụ việc tự học, không có mục đích kinh doanh-đào tạo thu phí!
Nguồn Ảnh: https://www.google.com/

lesson 14: Plans and Decisions

Basic patterns
I'll keep thinking about it
we may just share my car for a while
we need need to start a college fund for Tyler
do you know what you're doing after graduation?
i haven't made up my mind yet
I'll let you know what I decide
i have to make a difficult choice
decide quickly
I hadn't anticipated that
what do you plan to do about this mess?
disaster was a result of poor planning
I plan to take the next train out of here
I intend to buy a new house
i have only the best intentions
everything is going according to plan

Dialogue 1
what are you reading honey ?
it's something set by the University of Ohio dad
I thought you were thinking about going to Florida State University
I was but this looks interesting
why is that?
 it's hard to say I think I just like the feel of Ohio better
 is that all, no other difference?
well I think ohio has the better biology department than florida
is that what you want to study ?
I think so, but I may change to my mind after four years
just make sure you decide on something you enjoy, that's the most important thing
that's also the most difficult thing I'll keep thinking about it

Dialogue 2:
today was just awful
why? what happened ?
I was two hours late for work that's stupid car broke down again
 agian, we just had it serviced last month
I think we need to give up and admit that the car has died
yeah I guess you're right
do you think we can afford another ?
we may just have to share my car for awhile
yes but that's awfully inconvenient
I agree but what can we do?
 my friend's father owns a car dealership maybe he can help us
maybe we can afford too much right now.

Dialogue 3:
do you know what we need to do ?
what ?
we need to start a college fund for Tyler
but he's not yet four years old, he won't be in college for another fourteen years
yes but it's never too early to start saving
do you really think so ?
I just read an article about how expensive colleges already it's only going to get more expensive
I have heard that some families start very early saving for college
I think we should as well if you want I'll call an accountant tomorrow
ok give him a call and see what he says

Dialogue 4:
hey Sean do you know what you're doing after graduation?
no idea what about you?
 actually I've been considering a job in China
really, doing what?
 teaching English
are you going to take the job?
 I'll probably take it, it's a big change
I don't know anything about the place
I think I like it how bad could it be
it's probably a good opportunity and you won't have a better time later in life
that's probably true I think it could be interesting
 anyway it sounds better than my plans, good luck

Dialogue 5
i'm thinking about quitting my job
 well this is a sudden decision
 actually I've been sort of thinking about it for a little while
you could have told me earlier
I'm telling you now anyway I haven't made up my mind yet
why do you want to quit ?
I'm just not happy there I don't think I have much of a future with my company
what do you think you want to do?
 I don't know I haven't really thought about it
well you probably should think about it before you do anything too drastic

Substitution drills

1. I thought you were thinking about going to Florida State University
I thought you are planning to go to Florida State University
I thought you are wanting to go to Florida State University
I thought you were intending to go to Florida State University

2. just make sure you decide on something you enjoy
just make sure you choose something you enjoy
just make sure you pick something you enjoy
just make sure you select something you enjoy

3. I think I just like the feel of Ohio better
I think I just like the impression of Ohio better
i think I just like the idea of Ohio better
i think I just like the atmosphere of Ohio better

4. that stupid Car broke down again
that stupid car fell apart again
that stupid car stopped working again
that stupid car died again

5. we just had it serviced last month
we just had it repaired last month
we just had it fixed last month
we just had it maintained last month

6. yes but that's awfully inconvenient
yes but that's awfully difficult
yes but that's awfully impractical
yes but that's awfully awkward

7. we need to start a college fund for Tyler
we need to start a college savings for Tyler
we need to start a college account for Tyler
we need to start college plan for Tyler

8. but he's not yet four years old
but he's not even four years old
he's not quite four years old
but he's almost four years old

9. I just read an article about how expensive colleges already
I just read a report about how expensive colleges already
i just read a book about how expensive colleges already
i just read a piece about how expensive colleges already

10. hey Sean do you know what you're doing after graduation?
hey Sean do you know what you're doing after finishing school?
hey Sean do you know what you're doing after college?
hey Sean do you know what you're doing after school is over?

11. actually I've been considering a job in China
actually I've been looking into a job in China
actually I've been thinking about a job in China
actually I've been planning on a job in China

12.  I don't know anything about the place
I don't know anything about the nation
i don't know anything about the country
i don't know anything about the area

13. I'm thinking about quitting my job
I'm thinking about leaving my job
I'm thing about terminating my job
I'm thinking about ending my job

14.  well this is a sudden decision
well this is a sudden plan
well this is a sudden choice
well this is a sudden moved

15. well you probably should think about it before you do anything too drastic
well you probably should think about it before you do anything too sudden
well you probably should think about it before you do anything too rash
well you probably should think about it before you do anything too hasty

Monologue:
what is a biggest challenges for many American parents is paying for their child's college education, over the past two decades ,college costs have risen greatly, only the wealthier families can afford to pay for college directly from their income, most other families have to pay indirectly, many students have some of their education and a few have all paid for by scholarships , money they receive and do not need to pay back, this can come from many sources. more commonly students and their families have to take out a variety of loans which can take years to pay back, the problem is that the best schools are not affordable for poor students . unless they receive the scholarship for some exceptional ability . this can be a problem later in life for getting the best jobs.

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP