Thứ Bảy, 16 tháng 1, 2016

Listening skill- lesson 13

Dương Văn Chín Share:













Click here to go to video on youtube (if you could not see video on this blog)

Nguồn video: Sưu Tầm
Tất cả nội dung, sưu tầm, links này đều phục vụ việc tự học, không có mục đích kinh doanh-đào tạo thu phí!
Nguồn Ảnh: https://www.google.com/

Lesson 13: Requests

Basic patterns:
I keep asking her to turn down her music
It is small request
she has to turn it down
I'm just requesting that you keep him in your yard
I need to borrow your computer
can I see that book?
could you move over a little bit?
your requested to be in court next week
my request for a raise was rejected
can I make one small request?
that is pretty big request
why don't you just request some help at work?
this is one of the most requested songs on the radio
could you give me a hand with this box?
would you mind being a little bit quieter?

dialogue 1
Bobby, have you finished cleaning up your room ?
no mom
have you even started?  it doesn't look like it
i'll clearn it, I promise
yeah man this place is a mess
I know I know
I make a simple request and look what I get
ok mom I'll clean it up
when
when my favorite television show is over
wrong answer Bobby
but mom
get up there and clean now
ok I'm going

Dialogue 2
Janice we've got to talk , it's a small request
what about
its your roommate Sharon
and
I keep asking her to turn down her music
I didn't know was that loud
 if not until you leave then she turns it up
really I wasn't aware of that
yeah she does and is often when I'm trying to study it comes right through my wall
I'll talk to her
good she has to turn it down and she ignores me whenever I ask
ok I'll get her to stop
 thanks I appreciate it

Dialogue 3
Hey Adam,
what
 it's your dog he keeps coming into my yard in tearing it up
how do you know, there are lots of dogs in this neighborhood
I've seen him just this morning
prove it
look don't make this difficult I'm just requesting that you keep him in your yard
I do you get some defense sometimes
well that's not my problem
are you saying it's my problem
yes it's your dog
what are you going to do about ?
if I have to I'll call the police I even got pictures of your dog coming over here
ok if you're so upset about it I'll see what I can do

Dialogue 4
how's it going kathy? you look good today
what do you want then ?
why do you think I want something ?
because you're being nice to me that means you want something from me
well now that you mention it I did need to borrow your computer
why?
I've got to finish my essay tonight and my computer is broken
so you want to come over and break my computer
no I just needed for an hour please I'm begging you
why should I say yes
because you're a good person
no I'm not but you can use it for one hour, that's it
thank you so much I really appreciate
it don't make me regret it one hour that's it
1 hour,  I understand I'll see you tonight

Dialogue 5:
oh, this is bad
what
look what I got in the mail
it says you are hereby requested to appear in traffic court on Tuesday 8 a.m.
it's because I didn't pay that speeding ticket from last month
what? why not ?
I don't know I just forgot
is it too late to pay ?
my campaign court now but it will cost more
may be used to drive slower
very funny maybe you should shut up
sorry don't be so sensitive
this is going to cost me $200
don't look at me I'm broke
I guess I'm going to court on Tuesday
I guess so make sure you drive slow on the way there

Substitution drills

1.Bobby have you finished cleaning up your room?
Bobby, have you finished straightening up your room?
Booby, have you finished tidying up your room?
Bobby, have you finished dusting your room?

2. young man this place is a mess
young man this place is a dump
young man this place is a disaster
young man this place is a shambles

3.I make a simple request and look what I get
I make a simple demand and look what I get
I make us simple requirement and look what I get
I make a simple appeal and look what I get

4. I keep asking her to turn down her music
I keep asking her to turn off her music
keep asking her to soften her music
I keep asking her to quiet down her music

5. I didn't know it was that loud
i didn't know it was that noisy
I didn't know it was that high
i didn't know it was that annoying

6. and she ignores me whenever I ask
and she doesn't listen to me whenever I ask
and she pays no attention to me whenever I ask
and she disregards me whenever I ask

7. he keeps coming into my yard and tearing it up
he keeps coming into my yard and destroying it
he keeps coming into my yard and ruining it
he keeps coming into my yard and messing it up

8. I'm just requesting that you keep him in your yard
I'm just requesting that you can find him in your yard
I'm just requesting that you restrict him in your yard
I'm just requesting that you pannish him in your yard

9. well that's not my problem
well  that's not my fault
well that's not my concern
well that's not my responsibility

10. I even got pictures of your dog coming over here
i even got pictures of your dog trespassing
i even got pictures of your dog entering my property
I even got pictures of your dog sneaking in

11. you look good today
you look nice today
you look wonderful today
you look incredible today

12. I've got to finish my essay tonight and my computer has broken
I've got to finish my report tonight and my computer has broken
I've got to finish my paper tonight and my computer has broken
I've got to finish my project tonight and my computer has broken

13. it's because I didn't pay that speeding ticket from last month
it's  because I didn't pay that speeding fine from last month
it's because I didn't pay that speeding citation from last month
it's because I didn't pay that speeding violation from last month

14. maybe you should drive slower
maybe you should drive more slowly
maybe you should drive less fast
maybe you should drive not as fast

15. well don't look at me I'm broke
well don't look at me I'm poor
well, don't look at me I'm without money
well don't look at me I'm penniless

Monologue:
Americans occasionally get into trouble while driving, one of the most common problems is driving too fast, to prevent this, state governments put police on the highways, the police use laser devices to determine the speed of other cars, if another vehicle is driving too fast then it can be stopped by the police. a car may also be pulled over if the driver is driving unsafely or some part of the car is not safe. in these cases the person must pay a fine either by mail or by going to court, another common problem is driving after drinking too much alcohol, the person may be driving a stolen car or maybe wanted for another crime, sometimes the police may see something illegal in the car although they cannot search it without the drivers permission, in these more serious cases the person is quickly arrested, state police also help drivers when they are having some problem or when they have injure in an accident

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP