Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 2, 2016

Listening skill- lesson 31

Dương Văn Chín Share:
Click here to go to video on youtube (if you could not see video on this blog)

LESSON 31: MAKING A PHONE CALL  
Basic patterns


Thank you for calling Joe's pizza
Hello
Is that I V ?
This is professor Smith 
I'll call you tomorrow 
To whom am i speaking?
whom am I talking to?
How can I direct your call ?
You got the wrong number 
what number is this ?
who do you want to talk to?
 he isn't here right now 
can I have him call you back?
can I call you back later ?
what number can I reach you at?

Dialogue 1:
Thank you for calling Joe's pizza, how may I help you ?
Yes, can I place an order for delivery?
yes, you may, go right ahead
I'd like two medium pizzas both with olives and ham
is that all?
I'd also like a two liter bottle of coke
would  you like any bread sticks?
Sure, that will be fine 
Your total comes to $17.80, can I have your address?
1480 poplar Dr, how long will it take ?
It should be there within 45 minutes 
Thanks
Thank you for calling Joe's goodnight

Dialogue 2
Hello 
Yes, is that I V?  this is professor Smith 
Oh hi professor, this is a  surprise
 I just called to see if you wanted to come over for dinner this Saturday night 
Really I'd love to, what's the reason ?
I'm just having a few students over for dinner since it is the end of the year 
What a great idea, it's just to celebrate the end of the school year
Yes I do this every year for some of my students 
Great, should I bring anything?
No just bring yourself.
Ok what time should I be there ?
Come here around seven o'clock, do you know how to get here? 
I think so it's just north of the school, right?
Yes that's right. I'll see you then


Dialogue 3:
Hello
 Jane. It is Dad
oh hi dad, what are you doing?
 I just thought I'd call to see how you're doing?
I'm doing ok but I can't talk long right now 
I'm sorry is this not a good time
I'm just about to go out with some friends to dinner 
it's good to hear you're making friends 
i know i'm really happy here 
When will the time to call back ?
just call me about this time tomorrow I should be here
ok I'll do that have fun tonight 
I will it was good to hear from you
Ok I'll call you tomorrow I love you
Love you too dad bye
bye

Dialogue 4: 
hello
Yes, are you the guy selling his car?
yeah I am, my name's edmund 
my name's Alfred I saw your advertisement in the paper
alright so you want to buy the car 
well I'd like to take a look at it. it's a1978 Corvette, right?
that's right it's in good shape I just put the brakes on it
How much are you asking for it?
I was looking for $18,000 we can talk about that 
okay, do you mind if I come over and take a look?
sure no problem. what time is good for you?
tomorrow evening is that good for you?
I should be back from work by six. do you know where King Street is ?
yeah it's right behind the stadium 
that's right just go to the end of the street. last house on your left
great I'll see you then

Dialogue 5:
this is 911 emergency, how may I help you?
yeah there's been a car accident just outside my house 
can you tell me where you are located ?
I live at 14:11 tree Avenue a car just turned over 
can you tell me what happened?
yeah this car comes around the turn to fast, doesn't stop in time, it's a street sign and then flips over
 are there any other cars involved ?
No, just this one
has anyone come out of the car?
no no one's come out, I can't see inside the car, should I go check?
 no stay where you are
helpful will be there shortly, can I have your name? 
 yeah it's been sullivan 
thank you mr. Sullivan. just wait until an officer arrives


Substitution Drills:
1. is that all?
=> is that it?
=> is that everything?
=>  is there anything else?

2.  your total comes to $17.80
=>  your amount comes to 1780
=>  your bill comes to $17.80 
=> your charge comes to 1780

3. how long will it take?
=> how much time will it take ?
=> when will it get here ?
=> when should I expect it ?

4. I just called to see if you wanted to come over for dinner this Saturday night 
=> I just called to ask if you wanted to come over for dinner this Saturday night 
=> i just call to find out if you wanted to come over for dinner this Saturday night
=> i just called to know if you wanted to come over for dinner this Saturday night

5. I'm just having a few students over for dinner since it's the end of the year
=> I'm just bringing a few students over for dinner since it's the end of the year
=> I'm just inviting a few students over for dinner since it's the end of the year 
=> I'm just getting a few students over for dinner since it's the end of the year

6. come here around seven o'clock 
=> come here at roughly seven o'clock
=> come here at approximately seven o'clock 
=> come here at about seven o'clock seven 

7. I just thought I called to see how you're doing
=>  I just thought I called to see how you're feeling
=>I just thought I called to see how things are ?
=> I just thought I called to see how it's going 

8. I'm doing ok but I can't talk long right now 
=> I'm doing ok but I can't talk much right now 
=> I'm doing ok but I can't talk at all right now
=> I'm doing ok but I can't talk really right now 

9.  it's good to hear you're making friends
=>  it's good to hear your are meeting people 
=>it's good to hear you're getting to know people
=>  it's good to hear you're gaining friends 

10. it was good to hear from you 
=> it was nice to hear from you
=>  it was pleasant to hear from you
=>  it was uplifting to hear from you

11. I saw your advertisement in the paper 
=> I saw your ad in the paper 
=> I saw your notice in the paper
=>  I saw your posting in the paper 

12. how much are you asking for it 
=> how much do you want for it 
=> how much does it cost 
=> how much are you selling it for

13. can you tell me where you are located ?
=> can you tell me where you are calling from?
=> can you tell me where you are at?
=>  can you tell me where you are living?

14. I was looking for $18,000 but we can talk about that 
=> I was hoping for $18,000 but we can talk about that
=> I was asking for $18,000 but we can talk about that
=> I was wanting $18,000 but we can talk about that 

15. should I go check ?
=> should I go find out ?
=> should I go investigate?
=>  should I go look ?

many things in America can be done by telephone
 the most common service by telephone is perhaps food delivery
 a wide variety of food can be ordered by phone and delivered to the home 
there are also many other services 
people can call and have flowers delivered to someone
 they can call and have their laundry picked up and washed
 they can even call and order products they have seen on tv
 the telephone was invented in the United States and almost every house has at least one telephone inside 
the impact of the telephone on american society has been great
there are few aspects of American life that do not in some way involved making a telephone call

Nguồn video: Sưu Tầm
Tất cả nội dung, sưu tầm, links này đều phục vụ việc tự học, không có mục đích kinh doanh-đào tạo thu phí!
Nguồn Ảnh: https://www.google.com/

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP