Thứ Năm, 18 tháng 2, 2016

Listening skill- lesson 32

Dương Văn Chín Share:












Click here to go to video on youtube (if you could not see video on this blog)

Lesson 32:  MAKING APPOINTMENTS 

Basic patterns 
I need to make an appointment
how about sometime next week ?
that should be fine
 I'll set it up
 I wanted to set up a time to meet with you
 when would be a good time to get together? 
are you free later this week ?
when can I talk to you ?
what are you doing next Thursday ?
do you want to talk about this some other time ?
I want to make a reservation for next Friday 
I can come in tomorrow
 can you come in the afternoon ?
do you have any times available this week
 when is your next opening?

Dialogue 1:
can i help you?
yes, is this doctor fred's office?
 it is, is there something I can help you with?
yes I need to make an appointment
well let me see when the doctors available
 this is just a routine check up, it's not urgent 
how about sometime next week ?
that should be fine
 I got an opening on Wednesday and Thursday, both are in the afternoon 
Thursday should be good 
ok I'll set it up
 I have one more question
 yes 
do I need to bring any medical records ?
that might be helpful
alright I'll be here next week

Dialogue2:
hello, can I help you ?
yes I wanted to get a quick trim
 I'm sorry we're full today
would you like to come back another time ?
that would be nice
 I recommend that you make an appointment 
what days do you have available?
would you like to come in tomorrow?
 yes I would like that very much 
we have two times open 2:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon
 I prefer the 4:30 time 
ok I'll write that down here, try to come a little early
is there anything else I need to know?
 yes here is your appointment card, bring that with you when you come in 
great I guess I'll see you tomorrow 
see you then, have a nice day bye bye

Dialogue 3:
hi there, what can I do for you?
 yes I just needed to know about my car and maybe a new battery 
what kind of car is it?
It is 1998 Volkswagen Jetta 
how long have you had a battery in it ?
I had the current battery for about three years
yes it's time to get a new battery 
alright then can I get that done here
yes but we're full today 
you'll have to come back another time 
ok and I make an appointment for tomorrow
sure what time do you want come in?
anytime in the afternoon would be fine
how about 3 o'clock?
 that would be great, i 'll see you then

Dialogue 4:
hello Mr Taylor . can I ask you a favor?
sure , can. what do you need?
 I had some questions about our class there are some things that I'm having trouble with 
like what for example 
it's kind of complicated I wanted to set up a time to meet with you
 I see, when would you like to meet ?
any afternoon this week 
I'm teaching most afternoons, how about Friday?
Friday afternoon is good for me
well then, shall we meet at four o'clock ?
yes that sounds good, where shall we meet?
just in the student center 
ok I'll see you then 
i'll see you then can

dialogue 5:
Hello, is this doctor cooper's office?
 yes it is, what can I do for you?
 my dog needs some shots
 we can do that here, what kind of dog do you have ?
He is a German Shepherd, he is about a year old
what day would you like to come in?
 sometime early next week would be best for me
 how about next Tuesday morning 
that would be fine 
I'll just need some information, fill out this form please 
do you have a pen 
there's one on the desk
have you been here before?
No, a friend recommended this place to me 
in that case you may want to sign up for a new customer plan 
yes they see that on the form here I think I will sign up for that plan
 just let me know when you're finished

Substitution Drills:
1. is there something I can help you with ?
=>is there something I can aid you with?
=> is there something I can assist you with
=> is there something I can be of assistance with

2.  I need to make an appointment
=>  I need to set up an appointment
=>  I need to arrange an appointment 
=> I need to schedule an appointment

3.  it's not urgent
=>  it's not necessary
=>  it's not critical 
=> it's not important 

4. well let me see when the doctor is available
=> well let me see when the doctor is ready
=> well let me see when the doctor is in
=> well let me see when the doctor is here

5. this is just a routine check up
=> this is just an ordinary checkup 
=> this is just a regular checkup 
=> this is just a basic checkup 

6. I wanted to get a quick trim 
=> I wanted to get a quick haircut 
=> I wanted to get a quick shave 
=> I wanted to get a quick cut 

7.  I recommend that you make an appointment 
=> I suggest that you make an appointment 
=> i advise that you make an appointment 
=> I propose that you make an appointment 

8. yes I just need a tune up on my car and maybe a new battery 
=> yes I just need tune up on my truck and maybe a new battery 
=> yes I just need a tune up on my van and maybe a new battery 
=> yes I just need a tune up on my motorcycle and maybe a new battery 

9. yes but we're full today
=>  yes but we're busy today
=> yes but we are closed today
=> yes but we're shut down today 

10 there are some things that I am having trouble with 
=> there are some things that I am having difficulties with 
=> there are some  things that I am having problems with 
=> there are some things that I am having concerns with 

11. I wanted to set up a time to meet with you 
=> I wanted to set up a date to meet with you 
=> I wanted to set up a way to meet with you 
=> I wanted to set up a chance to meet with you 

12. bring that with you when you come in
=> carry that with you when you come in
=> have that with you when you come in
=> keep that with you when you come in

13. what kind of dog do you have ?
=> what type of dog do you have ?
=> what breed of dog do you have ?
=> what variety of dog do you have ?

14. my dog needs some shots 
=> my dog needs some injections 
=> my dog needs some medicine 
=> my dog needs some attention

15. I think I will sign up for that plan 
=> I think I will register for that plan 
=> I think I will join that plan 
=> I think I will consider that plan


veterinarians are doctors for animals
 some work with farm animals and theirmain customers are farmers 
others work with special animals such as racing horses or military dogs
 a few even work with wild animals
 like other doctors most veterinarians focus on some part of medical care 
most veterinarians work with domestic pets 
and animal has medical needs throughout its life 
when very young it is important to get certain injections to prevent some diseases 
it is also quite common to operate on the animal to make it unable to breed 
as the animal gets older it also needs more care just like people 
accidents of course may also occur and these are also treated by veterinarians
Gandhi once said that a nation can be judged by how its animals are treated
many Americans would agree with that statement

Nguồn video: Sưu Tầm
Tất cả nội dung, sưu tầm, links này đều phục vụ việc tự học, không có mục đích kinh doanh-đào tạo thu phí!
Nguồn Ảnh: https://www.google.com/

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP