Thứ Hai, 22 tháng 2, 2016

Listening skill- lesson 33

Dương Văn Chín Share:












Click here to go to video on youtube (if you could not see video on this blog)

Nguồn video: Sưu Tầm
Tất cả nội dung, sưu tầm, links này đều phục vụ việc tự học, không có mục đích kinh doanh-đào tạo thu phí!
Nguồn Ảnh: https://www.google.com/


lesson 33: Talking About Daily Activities

Basic patterns:
we are you going?
what are you doing now?
 I don't have to shave everyday
 I usually take too long eating breakfast 
if I don't eat breakfast then I don't have enough energy during the day 
I've got to go brush my teeth 
i dont have time to take a shower now 
I never have time for lunch at work
 every day I have to drive forty minutes to work
 did the mail come today ?
have you seen today's paper ?
i watch the news every night 
I like to exercise in the morning
most nights I just go out to eat 
did you take the dog for a walk?
 did you have a good day at work?

Dialogue 1:
where are you going ?
i'm going to the store, I need to buy some new razor blades 
at this hour,  it's almost midnight 
I know but I have a job interview tomorrow, I'm out of sharp razors 
I guess you don't want to make a bad impression with a bad shave
 exactly to be honest I hate shaving everyday 
I can't sympathize I don't have to shave everyday
some guys don't, they're lucky, I have to or start to look at a bear 
maybe you should let yourself look like a bear
very funny ,what kind of job or girlfriend when I get then
 that's true but then he wouldn't have to shave everyday 
some things are worth the trouble 
as long as you're happy I'm happy anyway you'd better go before the store closes 
right I'll be back in a little bit


Dialogue 2:
look at the time, it's five minutes past nine 
I guess I'm late for work again 
I hate to ask but why are you late so often?
 if you must know it's because of i usually take too long eating breakfast 
really I almost never eat breakfast especially during the week 
I don't see how you do that I have to eat breakfast every day 
why is it a habit for you 
No, if I don't eat breakfast then I don't have enough energy during the day 
I guess I'm lucky that I don't have that problem 
yes you do, do you notice how tired you get later in the morning ?
that's what I drink coffee to wake me up 
that works but its artificial you're not really getting any real energy
 maybe but I'm not late for work either
work is not the most important part of life
 it is for me I should say that breakfast is a daily habit for you and coffee is a daily habit for me
 breakfast is not a habit, it's a healthy way to live
I'd love to talk about this more, but I got to get back to work, we can talk more over coffee later

Dialogue 3
did you check your email today?
 no i didn't have time. why ?
our friend Steve just got a new job in Chicago
 that's great by the way do you check your email every day?
 every morning and night , it's a habit , I like to stay informed 
what are you afraid of missing , I doubt your life is that exciting
 very funny I'm already on the Internet, why not take an extra minute to look for new email ?
I don't because half of my email is just advertisements. its garbage 
mind too but I still like to know what's going on
well then I can count on you to tell me what's happening with their friends
don't worry I won't let you down on that job 
I know that's what I think is so funny

Dialogue 4
I thought I saw you out running this morning 
you probably did , I was out jogging 
that's good you go every morning 
I tried to unless the weather is bad or I'm not feeling well 
really I never feel well if that means jogging in Sunrise
does that mean you don't enjoy running
 it certainly does especially so early 
I understand that, it is hard to get out of bed in the morning a lot of times 
and why you do it
 it's become a habit, I don't feel wake in the morning unless I go running first 
I guess I could see how that might be true but I'd rather get a bit more sleep 
I have to get up out of bed and start to get dressed before I can think about it 
you don't goes off and you get up immediately
yes immediately, otherwise i realize how tired I feel and just fall back asleep
what about when it's cold in the morning 
like any other activity I just wear warmer clothes
 I guess that makes sense 
maybe you should come with me sometime
maybe not you have fun I'll sleep late

Dialogue 5
what are you doing now ?
I'm going home to water my plants
 do you have to do that every day ?
of course don't you need water every day?
 I hadn't thought of it like that 
do you have to do anything else to take care of them ?
not really I just have to give them plenty of sunlight and some plant food 
that's not too much work but isn't it hard to do it every day?
 sometimes it's not convenient that it's easier than taking care of a child
 what does that have to do with the subject?
one day I wanted child if I can take care of a plant how can I take care of a child 
so the plant is just practice for raising a child
no not really it's just something I tell myself in order to be responsible 
I see well I better not keep you from your plants 
you can come with me and see what I have to do 
okay this could be fun maybe I'll learn something to 
maybe so, let's go

Substitution drills

 1. I'm out of sharp razors 
I need some sharp razors 
I don't have any sharp razors 
I lack sharp razors 

2. I guess you don't want to make a bad impression with a bad shave 
I guess you don't want to give a bad impression with a bad shave 
I guess you don't want to create a bad impression with a bad shave 
I guess you don't want to leave a bad impression with a bad shave

3 to be honest I hate shaving everyday 
to be truthful I hate shaving everyday
 to tell the truth I hate shaving everyday 
honestly I hate shaving everyday 

4. that's when I drink coffee to wake me up 
that's when I drink coffee to stir me
 that's when I drink coffee to rouse me 
that's when I drink coffee to get me going 

5. you're not really getting any real energy 
you're not really getting any genuine energy
 you're not really getting any actual energy 
you're not really getting any natural energy 

6. work is not the most important part of life
work is not the most important part of existence 
work is not the most important part of being alive
work is not the most important part of who you are

7.  I like to stay informed 
I like to stay up to date 
I like to stay on top of things 
I like to stay knowledgeable 

8. I doubt your life is that exciting 
I don't think your life is that exciting 
I am Not sure your life is that exciting 
I don't believe your life is that exciting 

9. if I'm already on the Internet why not take an extra minute to look for new email 
if I'm already on the Internet why not spend an extra minute to look for new email 
if I'm already on the Internet why not use an extra minute to look for new email 
if I'm already on the Internet why not stay on an extra minute to look for new email

10. I try to unless the weather is bad or I'm not feeling well 
I tried to unless the weather is bad or I'm sick 
I try to unless the weather is bad or I'm ill 
I try to unless the weather is bad or I'm feeling bad 

11. I never feel well if that means jogging at sunrise
 I never feel well if that means jogging at sun-up
 I never feel well if that means jogging at dawn 
I never feel well if that means jogging in the morning


12.  I'll realize how tired I feel and just fall back asleep
 I'll realize how tired I feel and just get back in bed 
I'll realize how tired I feel and just go back to sleep
 I'll realize how tired I feel and just lay back down

13. I'm going home to water my plants 
I'm going home to feed my plants 
I'm going home to take care of my plants 
I'm going home to check on my plants 

14. sometimes it's not convenient but it's easier than taking care of a child
sometimes it's not practical but it's easier than taking care of a child
sometimes it's inconvenient but it's easier than taking care of a child
sometimes it's a burden but it's easier than taking care of a child

15. so the plant is just practice for raising a child 
so the plan is just preparation for raising a child 
so the plan is just a warm-up for raising a child 
so the plan is just a trial run for raising a child

Monologue
electronic mail or email has changed much about the way of the world works 
in less than a decade it has become almost as common as the telephone in many areas
 in fact it is cheaper in making a long distance call 
furthermore it enables people to send more than just words 
they can also send pictures songs and even movies 
some critics warn that emails cause poor writing skills 
people usually do not make an effort to have their emails use correct grammar as they
do with letters 
also emails are easy to misunderstand without someone available to explain them 
to prevent any misunderstandings some people use little symbols that represent emotions in their emails 
this way the reader can know what the speaker was trying to say and how they meant to say it

Published by Dương Văn Chín

Visit Dương Văn Chín's Facebook or Blog
Follow us Facebook.Click here Follow us Blog.Click here

0 nhận xét:

TOP